Are you drinking your 8 glasses of water per day? Hope so, because turns out you may need even more than that!
The Mayo Clinic recently suggested that men really need 13 glasses of water per day and women need 9. Add 12 ounces to that for every 30 minutes of exercise you do! And that makes perfect sense as water is necessary for almost every system of our body to function properly.
> Check out our friends over at Humankind for our favorite water! "You get something awesome, and you give something amazing.
By buying a refreshing, delicious beverage, you're automatically helping end the world's water crisis by donating funds directly to clean water projects!
Food plays a part too! Eating water-rich produce like watermelon & cukes will make you more hydrated, while processed, salty foods may require you to up your intake. The best way to know if you are hydrated enough? Check your pee! Clear = good, yellow = drink more! (Note: vitamins and other supplements may alter your urine color)
10 easy ways to make sure you're drinking enough water daily:
1. Add excitement to your glass with fresh fruit, veggies, or herbs - like strawberries, cucumbers, ginger, lemon, mint.
2. Drink a glass before every meal! This could help you lose weight, improve your skin, and energize your day!
3. Use a marked water bottle. A bottle marked with hours can help you stay on track during a busy day.
4. Set a timer on your phone to remind you to drink up!
5. Drink a glass after every trip to the bathroom! This will help you replenish the water you just lost.
6. Set yourself rules like "I can't have a snack, or another cup of coffee until I have another glass of water."
7. Drink hot water in the morning or at night. Add honey or lemon for an aid in digestion and a natural radiance boost for your skin!
8. Use a larger bottle or jug. Avoids having to keep tally of small bottles, and a higher likelihood that you'll actually finish your goal.
9. Choose water when eating out. This is a no-brainer. Save your calories and choose water over a sugary soda. Everything in your body will thank you!
10. Hydrate with water based foods. Cucumbers, grapefruit, cantaloupe, lettuce, celery, watermelon (duh!), spinach, strawberries, broccoli, grapefruit, etc.