26 Lessons by 26
This month I turn 26.
I’m not sure why but for some reason turning 26 has hit me a lot harder than 25…maybe it’s because now I’m realizing I’m going to be closer to 30 than 20 for the first time ever. Or maybe it’s because I’m finally getting kicked off of my parent’s insurance, which means I have to fully adult now, lol.
Either way, I’ve learned so much throughout these past 26 years. And, it’s amazing how much more I know now than when I was in my early twenties. If I could share one thing with my younger self it would be these twenty-six lessons. Hopefully someone else, whether they be 46, 26, or 16, will read this and take something away from it as well.
1. It's okay to ask for help
2. If you don't want to go to the party, you don't have to
3. It's okay to put yourself first!
4. There will be tough times, but things always get better
5. Work hard but also take time to relax
6. Reading is cool
7. Knowledge is even cooler
8. Being healthy is more than a number on a scale
9. When you eat well, you feel well
10. As much as you want to think you know it all - you don't.
11. Show the people you love how much you care about them
12. Don't be afraid of losing people for being you
13. Be your own motivation
14. Self care goes a long way
15. If you want the cookie, eat the cookie!
16. Be genuine, no one likes a fraud
17. There's more to life than social media
18. Don't waste your time doing something you hate
19. Surround yourself with people who lift you higher
20. And cut out anyone who brings you down
21. Your mom and dad were right (about pretty much everything)
22. And it's still okay to call them when you have a question about adulting... but I hope you've learned how to do your laundry by now ; )
23. Speaking of...now is about time to get your own health insurance
24. You CAN do anything you put your mind to
25. Saving and investing your money is pretty rad
26. Each year only gets better
What would you add to this list? Leave a comment below!
Erin is a NASM certified personal trainer, as well as fitness/health/lifestyle blogger living in the Queen City. She is on a mission to spread inspiration and show people that living a healthy lifestyle doesn’t have to be complicated nor does it have to consume your life. When she’s not working out you can find her teaching at MADabolic Inc or hanging at a local coffee spot!